Monday, July 25, 2011

Fair Weathered Golfers

Have you heard the term “Fair – Weathered Golfer”? It seems that I have witnessed it more this year that previous ones. It may be that I am a bit more of a golf enthusiast than others; however a light misting or hot temperatures certainly does not keep me from playing. Canada = Cold weather, I don’t have to tell you, my fellow Canadians, that it is cool to freezing from October to April (7 months), cool –warmer May and September, and if we are lucky, awesome weather June, July August (3 MONTHS). This year we happen to be lucky, the temperatures have been consistently in the mid to high 20s. I realize that last week was an exception when we had almost record setting highs but we should be embracing the warmth. I can’t support the statement “it is too hot to play”, I think a new brand name is needed for such golfers. In this instance fair weather doesn’t seem to fit because in December we long for hot temperatures to play in. How about “Can’t make up my mind golfer”, or “Need any excuse not to play golfer” or even “Can’t call myself a golfer”. Come on people, everyone was looking forward to a long hot summer as predicted in April and May. Well the weather people have actually come through this time, so far it has been a hot one and I am going to enjoy it on the golf course with the rest of the golfers!


No comments:

Post a Comment