Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm a Cheap Golfer…

I have expensive tastes when it comes to golf but I have to admit, I’m a pretty cheap guy.  I have three Titleist Vokey wedges but spent three years waiting for end of year sales and internet bargains before I completed my set.  This time of year is a cheap golfer’s paradise.  Most pro-shops are set to put a lot of their merchandise on sale and Bushwood is no different.  They don’t want to put old stock in storage for the winter so prices drop dramatically.  That’s good news for me.  I spent the summer golfing in ratty old shoes with worn out spikes just waiting for the new Footjoys to go on sale.  I wasn’t disappointed.  While there are a lot of good brands of shoes out there, Footjoy is hands down among the best when it comes to value for your money.  With the Bushwood Footjoy shoe sale on now, you can get a pair of top brand shoes that will perform and last.  My new Footjoys are comfortable to walk in and I had virtually no break-in period.  They’re soft on the feet but offer great support around the arches and ankles and don’t twist when I swing.  Sorry if this sounds like an ad for Footjoy but I am a bit of a gear geek.  When I get good equipment at a bargain price, I tend to get a little excited. 


Champagne Taste with a Beer Budget Tips:  Check out the Nike shirts on the right hand side when you walk in the Proshop.  Easily one of the best deals in the Proshop.  They’re about half the price off compared to the big golf stores.  Also check out some of the cooler weather wear for Fall golf.  Now is the time to buy while prices are low and selection is high.

No comments:

Post a Comment